Thursday 16 April 2009

Run Lola run!

Mark, like the madman he is, is going to run the London Marathon in little under two weeks. He's been a superstar, fitting training around Logan stuff - I don't feel like a marathon widow at all!



Mark's raising money for two charities, Asthma UK and Southend United Community and Educational Trust. He's set up a Justgiving page for the first (he can explain the significance of it much better than I can, so check out the page), and he's waiting on the second one to join Justgiving but of course you can sponsor him the old fashioned way if you want to give to the Southend scheme.



Both causes are close to his heart, and to mine by default (Logan is toying with taking up asthma too so it's even more important now!). Please give something, it'll really help spur Mark round the course and get even more sweaty and horrible than he is planning on!

2 comments:

  1. If he completes the race, not only will I give him my heartfelt congratulations, I will also donate 10 of my favourite pounds (not just any of my pounds, my FAVOURITE pounds) to your chosen causes. Count me in.

    Naturally, if I ever get round to doing the Great North Run, I'll expect 5 pounds for my chosen charity (for those not in the know, it's a half marathon).

    P.S. Yes, I think 38.14p per mile is perfectly reasonable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous! You should definitely do the Great North Run, my dad probably has a vintage 1980s t-shirt you could run in for extra kudos. I can barely run for the bus these days so I'd definitely give you a fiver!

    ReplyDelete