Monday 9 February 2009

Birthday tea at Liberty's



Spent a lovely birthday with the hubby at Liberty's near Oxford Circus. It's the quintessential independent British department store, much cosier than Selfridges or John Lewis and much more old-fashioned too (there's a whole floor given over to quirky vintage furniture and a huge haberdashery department).



Sadly we forgot to take our gift vouchers (they wouldn't have made much of a dent in the price of these gorgeous set of drawers we spotted, anyway, though we could almost have afforded a cool Rob Ryan tile) but we did enjoy a delicious high tea in the tearooms.

I think they must be feeling the credit crunch (four finger sandwiches between two?) but the scones were warm, there was almost enough clotted cream (I nabbed some extra from the table next to us) and the sponge cake was divine (I also nabbed a spare slice that the couple next to us had left - it was my birthday, I'm allowed to thieve things!).

If you look closely you can see me in the reflection in the teapot furthest away, crouching tiger-like behind the other pot of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment