Tuesday 23 November 2010

Getting creative

I don't know what it is - days at home with no one to talk to (not counting Ella, who can't talk back!), or shows like Kirstie's Homemade Home - but I've been itching to get creative in the last few weeks.

I'm determined to make some Christmas presents this year, instead of buying everything. I've always wanted to make a patchwork quilt - Rosie Brown Boutique in Muswell Hill now sells packs of material squares and all the bits you need - but I think I might start smaller with some lavender bags like the ones on Kirstie's programme tonight. I bought some pretty wool to knit with too, so I'll keep you posted on my crafty progress!



My main creative outlet so far has been writing. I haven't written stories in years, but I bought myself a lovely notebook a few months ago and yesterday I started writing. I don't have any grand plans, I've no idea what the plot is, but I'm enjoying having the time to scribble a few pages while Ella is snoozing, and just enjoying creating something new.



I made my first ever tart from scratch tonight, very proud! Admittedly rustic (don't think it would pass muster with Michel Roux Jr) but tasty anyway (recipe here at Abel and Cole).

And I concocted an apple and plum pie with the leftover pastry. Now that's the kind of creative thinking I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment